Packaging cushion machines: clever packaging solutions by HSM
Packaging made from card or cardboard accrues in most operations. No matter what the products or components are that you receive, they are almost always sent in large packages packed with filling material. After unpacking, the question arises: what shall we do with the cardboard? Packaging cushion machines by HSM provide a smart alternative to the classic disposal of packaging material in the waste paper container. These machines provide you with the option to transform old packaging into filling material for shipping packages.
Shred cardboard - but clever
Within the household, cardboard packaging is disposed of in the recycling. However, so much cardboard normally accrues within companies that one bin is insufficient. Therefore, larger containers have to be acquired and their emptying is normally linked to higher costs.
The interim storage of cardboard until it is disposed can always take up a lot of space. Even the large container is filled very quickly if the cardboard boxes are not manually crushed or folded prior to disposal. This requires valuable working time, which could be used more efficiently. Alternatively, you could transform the packaging material, such as card, in the shredder into cushioning material for packages. Thus, you could generate sustainable packaging for your shipment packages.
Further process packaging materials cost-effectively
If you are on the look-out for a practical way to dispose of residual materials for your company, the baler is often the first choice. It compacts recyclable materials into compact bales, thus helping you to save space in the disposal process and even saving energy in the long-term. You can find out more about the balers in our guidebook “Reducing disposal costs”.
If you not only receive packages within your company, but also send them, then it is worthwhile acquiring the alternative to the baler: the packaging cushion machine. With this sustainable way of recyclable material reconditioning, you can transform cardboard packaging and shipping boxes yourself and on-site into filling material for packaging. This means that you can independently produce corrugated cardboard, which cushions and protects fragile or heavy shipment items during transport. As you no longer need to purchase filling material made of cardboard, you will save further costs in the long-term through the acquisition of a cardboard shredder.
Produce filling material yourself - efficient and sustainable packaging
The purchase of a packaging cushion machine can not only lead to the cost-optimisation of your packaging process. Another point in favour of the transformation of packaging material into filling material is sustainability. Cardboard disposed of in the bins and containers is normally recycled. This should benefit the environment. However, as a result of the high CO2 emissions, which in part can be attributed to the transportation of cardboard, this plan is not entirely coming to fruition.
If instead you were to decide upon shredding the cardboard in a shredder yourself to create protective cushion pads made from corrugated cardboard, you could be sure that your cardboard waste is given a new lease of life as packaging material.
Transform used cardboard into cushion material: with cardboard shredders by HSM
Our packaging cushion machines support you in the processing of used cardboard into filling material for packages. Discover the HSM ProfiPack family.
HSM ProfiPack C400: the flexible assistant in the manufacture of cushion materials for packages
using the packaging cushion machine HSM ProfiPack C400, process discarded cardboard quickly and easily into cushion pads or cushioned filling material for packaging.
Get this benefit with the device:
- ProfiPack C400 is a compact tabletop device that can be used both portably and flexibly.
- Material jams can be effortlessly sorted with the integrated turbo function. The device’s induction hardened cutting rollers are robust and maintain position even with cardboard staples made of metal.
- The device can be lifted and transported easily via the side recessed handles.
- Stable, non-slip feet guarantee the machine’s fixed position.
- The efficient drive concept of the ProfiPack C400 ensures the sustained powerful operation of the machine, even when subject to a continuous load.
- A scale enables the continuous adjustment of the working width. As a result, you can produce cushion material in the most varied of dimensions. Even the cushion volumes of the product packaging material can be varied, if required.
- The device has an intuitive operator control panel with LED indicator on a membrane keypad. This indicates the operating state of the device.
HSM ProfiPack P425: produce filling material from packaging both quickly and efficiently
HSM ProfiPack P425 is a robust, power-optimised packaging cushion machine. Its powerful drive enables the processing of several layers of cardboard into cushion pads or cushioned filling material.
Get this benefit with the device:
- You have the option to select between a three-phase or alternating current connection.
- The drive’s high degree of efficiency enables a particularly sustainable operation of the device.
- In addition, you can extend the device with an adapter set for extraction.
- The machine is equipped with a smooth, stable castors and a parking brake, and can therefore be used mobile.
- Using the emergency off switch, the device can be immediately stopped, if required.
- The efficient drive concept and the robust fully-steel cutting rollers of the ProfiPack P425 ensure the sustained powerful operation of the machine, even when subject to a continuous load.
- The size and cushion volume of the produced packaging material can be individually set.
- The operator control panel with the LED indicator enable the easy operation of the device.
Packaging cushion machines by HSM: transform packaging into filling material cost-effectively and sustainably
Efficiency, sustainability and cost savings merge! With the packaging cushion machines by HSM, you will save both time and money, while simultaneously doing something good for the environment. The powerful devices produce cushion material from packaging both quickly and efficiently, which would otherwise end up in the recycling bin.
Would you like more information about our packaging cushion machines? We are happy to help. Please use our contact form.